Start on site for Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry
21st October 2013
The landmark development, led by Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust, together with its partners the University of Birmingham, Birmingham and Solihull LIFT (BaS LIFT), Prime plc, One Creative Environments Ltd, Galliford Try and Calthorpe Estates, was granted detailed planning permission in December 2012 on the site of the former Pebble Mill television studios.
Totalling 15,465 sqm, the new facility will house a range of services for the public including walk-in emergency dental care, Restorative, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry. The public will access all dental services in one wing of the building with a second wing providing world-class research facilities and a modern learning environment for more than 600 undergraduate and postgraduate students and trainees.
Clinical staff from Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust and students from the University of Birmingham School of Dentistry also attended the groundbreaking event.
Back to News
- + Birmingham Dental Hospital in the spotlight at The King’s Fund event
- + BaS LIFT project shortlisted for three RICS awards
- + New Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry set to open doors to public
- + Her Majesty The Queen tours new Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry
- + Her Majesty The Queen to attend official ceremony for new Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry