Her Majesty The Queen tours new Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry
20th November 2015
Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry welcomed Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh on 19 November to unveil a plaque to mark the occasion.
Having been greeted by Tracy Taylor, Chief Executive of Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust, they met representatives from BaS LIFT, the University of Birmingham School of Dentistry and other partners, as well as staff and students.
The royal couple were then given a guided tour of the new £50m facility, stopping along the way to examine the ‘phantom heads’ used to train students.
Photography by Edward Moss
Back to News
- + PM praises ‘major benefits’ of NHS LIFT Programme as part of twentieth anniversary celebrations
- + Birmingham Dental Hospital in the spotlight at The King’s Fund event
- + BaS LIFT project shortlisted for three RICS awards
- + New Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry set to open doors to public
- + Her Majesty The Queen tours new Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry