The BaS LIFT region
The diverse communities we serve include some of the most disadvantaged in the UK, as well as some of the most affluent.
Neighbourhoods across Birmingham and Solihull present their own particular challenges to health and social care commissioners and providers and one of our tasks as a LIFT company is to fully understand what these challenges are so we can address them effectively in the schemes we develop for our partners.
All our NHS trust partners have published updated strategy documents detailing the service development objectives for their areas. Our community buildings will have a vital part to play in delivering these objectives.
- Transfer of care from hospital to community settings closer to home
- Active promotion of healthier lifestyles and disease prevention
- Greater provision of short-term and intermediate care to help patients with progressive conditions to live more independently for longer
- Improved support for self management of chronic disease
- Reduction of health inequalities through effective targeting of high-risk and hard-to-reach groups
- Increased co-location and integration of health and social care services
- Improved access to health advice and Citizens Advice Bureau services
- Greater community involvement in the planning of new services