Hodge Hill Primary Care Centre, Birmingham
Hodge Hill Primary Care Centre is an £8.2m community focused facility, which brings together a range of healthcare and community services under one roof at the heart of a densely urban area of Birmingham.
Symbolising regeneration and investment in a deprived area of the city, Hodge Hill Primary Care Centre offers a state-of-the-art facility that is designed to enrich the wellbeing of the local community.
The ‘nature theme’ of the building not only offers a more welcoming approach to healthcare but the creative interior design and use of striking wall graphics lifts the spirits of everyone using the building.
The centre also features sustainable solutions including rain water harvesting, solar photo-voltaic panels and air source heat pumps.
“Hodge Hill is the joint vision between the NHS and the local community. The patient population was involved from the beginning and drove the natural, green theme that has transformed the centre into a tranquil hub at the heart of this busy community.”
Jennifer Hurn, Healthcare Director for Prime plc
Size: 2,742 sqm
Commissioned by: NHS Birmingham East and North
Completed: July 2011
The three storey centre accommodates:
- GP services for 15,000 patients
- Flexible accommodation to enable the delivery of a range of primary care services to meet the needs of the local population, including district nursing, phlebotomy, podiatry, physiotherapy, health visiting, and a range of specialist clinics
- Health information counselling and mental health services
- Sexual health and family planning clinic
- Onsite pharmacy
- Community facilities
- Community Dental services